Icecreams

 So this is my poison. Total 100% weakness. I have stopped everything, I will make a very healthy gluten-free lunch from scratch, and then i will have a big icecream serving at the end. I have tried multiple times to give them up completely, or even for a week, or even for a day, but failed miserably.

So, now changing focus and trying to make icecreams at home. I have tried this earlier without success, but what do they say - try, try again!


Came across this interesting looking icecream s/w - let me start with this one!

PB&J Icecream Sandwich

Credit: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/8uqfbUxxZQE


Cookie Layer:

  • Chickpeas
  • Peanut butter
  • Dates
  • Vanilla
  • Pinch of salt

Ice Cream Layer:

  • Mixed berries
  • Cauliflower - I dont know how I feel about raw cauliflower in my icecream, so will skip for now.
  • Frozen Ripe bananas
  • Vanilla
  • Pinch of salt

Topping:

  • Melted dark chocolate - will probably skip this, and just use chocolate Peanut Butter.

Method:

  • Add the chickpeas, peanut butter, dates, vanilla, and salt to a food processor and blend until smooth and dough-like.
  • Spread half of the mixture into the bottom of a small lined dish.
  • Blend the berries, cauliflower, bananas, vanilla, and salt until smooth and creamy. Spread over the cookie layer and place in the freezer until slightly firm.
  • Add the remaining cookie mixture on top of the ice cream layer and spread it out gently.
  • Drizzle with melted vegan dark chocolate and freeze until firm.
  • Slice into bars and enjoy​


Comments